Join members of the Association for Learning Development in Higher Education daily at 3pm! Our wonderful conference go cancelled, and we wanted to share some of the sessions
ALDinHE is committed to representing and supporting all those working in the field of Learning Development in the UK.
We aim to cultivate a community of practice, promote discussion and ideas exchange, and further the professional development of our members by offering training opportunities and quality assurance.
We have two aims:
- To represent professionals employed in the field of Learning Development in Higher Education, primarily in the UK and Ireland, and those with an active interest in the field;
- To promote discussion about effective models for Learning Development (LD), cultivate a community of practice and act as a support network for the general professional development of staff involved with LD.
And we are guided by five values:
- Working alongside students to make sense of and get the most out of HE learning
- Making HE inclusive through emancipatory practice, partnership working and collaboration
- Adopting and sharing effective Learning Development practice with (and external to) our own institutions
- Critical self-reflection, on-going learning and a commitment to professional development
- Commitment to a scholarly approach and research related to Learning Development.
These emerged from our Learning Development Manifesto.